Post-Thanksgiving

Hello! We hope everyone had a simply lovely Thanksgiving! Everything turned out well here. We began the day by watching the parade. For dinner we had roast turkey with gravy, oyster dressing, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots with butter sauce, and crescent rolls! And for dessert, there was pecan pie. What a lot of food for just two people! I was pleased with the way everything turned out. The technique I used for the turkey this year was an old fashioned one that I read about in a magazine: I covered it with slices of salt pork, then cheesecloth. It came out quite moist and delicious. The hardest part was just trying to get everything ready and warm at the same time! I learned some important lessons and I think next year everything should go a little smoother.

Hey, got turkey leftovers? How about some turkey nachos,

or how about making yourself some dang (turkey)quesadillas!


0 comments: