Ho-hum...Another Little Felt Cake

Hello my friends!!! I am such a bad blogger lately! I don't mean to be and I am very sorry for it. There has not been too many interesting things going on lately but I did finish another little felt cake. And I did take a picture of it with my new macro lens! Here is the little cake.
My stitching is horrid, I know! But I am sure that my far off, future little daughter will be glad to have a tea party with it notwithstanding! And here is photo to show you what my nifty little macro lens is capable of. This is a picture of the little felt strawberry that goes on the first felt cake that I made. I thought I would hold it so you can see how very small it is.
Check out this next image! It blows me away! Now that is a close up!
I can't wait to get some insect shots this Summer!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That looks absolutely delish! My granddaughter will enjoy playing with that. If it's a grandson, he may eat it! No matter what, you'll be able to photograph the occasion with that nifty new lens!
Love you, Mom

Tracy said...

How adorable!!! I've never seen little felt cakes like that before.

Love that macro lens! If you care to share, I'd love to know which lens it is for future reference.

Mr & Mrs Marine said...

Thanks, Mom!

Tracy,
I bought a book called "My Favorite Felt Sweets" that is full of little projects like this! My new lens is the Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM 1-to-1 Macro Lens. I haven't had much opportunity to use it yet but it seems like a wonderful lens so far. It is also supposed to be a great portrait lens!